Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 9 - Thing 23

Learning about Web 2.0 capabilities/options will undoubtedly make me a better resource librarian. There are so many tools that make researching easier, faster and more thorough - and fun as well. I especially enjoyed learning about LibraryThing - it's the one interactive site I just might join for personal pleasure - I've always thought (or liked to think) that the titles in my personal library "spoke volumes" about who I am (or imagine myself to be) - it would be interesting to share it (my library) on the web and see what happens - maybe I'll meet a few other eccentrics (I know they're out there). Most of the sites I learned about I would need additional time on in order to become proficient and comfortable recommending/explaining to customers. I admit that I'm still wedded to hardcovers (for pleasure reading anyway) and have a hard time imagining myself reading e-books as a first choice - but you never know. I enjoyed the 23-Things course and would certainly recommend it to others.

No comments: