Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 6 - Thing 15

The articles describing Library 2.0 were quite interesting, exciting and a little unsettling. I find it quite ironic that I am entering the Library profession at age 50 just when libraries are undergoing such radical/fundamental changes. These changes clearly have the potential to make the "library" something other than the library I grew up patronizing. However, these changes - as described/proposed in the Library 2.0 articles appear to be in keeping with similar changes occuring in schools, businesses and homes across the country/world. The amount of available/accessible information through the web is staggering - and the opportunities for people to interact/share/collaborate using this information seem limitless. I like the idea of a "barrier free library" - just like I like the idea of a "barrier" free community/world. I just hope I'm able to learn/acquire the skills I'll need to navigate it/and help others to do the same.

No comments: